Friday, May 23, 2014

Kids Bedrooms - updating Noah's nursery to a toddlers room.

This week I finally got around to updating Noah's room from a baby's nursery to a big boy's room.

I shared a photo on my social media and got a wonderful response so I thought I would share it here to also let you know where I purchased various bits n pieces.

Noah's room is only small and I had to work with the existing furniture so all updates were easy cosmetic ones.






A lot of the things used in Noah's room were things we already had. Hand me downs from Finn and Jasper. Of course a few new things crept in ;)

I love the simple white base (furniture, walls) with the pops of colour in the accessories. Easily changed in future years.

Products Used

Toddler Bed - from Target about 5 years ago (was originally Jasper's)

Black triangle Wall Decals - from Urban Walls. Originally purchased for Finn's room 18mths ago!

Hot Air Balloon - from Mini Style, previously in Noah's nursery

Linen & cushions - Cotton On Kids

Yay banner - Zana Products

Peace sign & stag head - Typo

Noah writing - Graphic Spaces

Felt ball garland  - Felt Foxes

Lightning bolt marquee light - Little Letter Lights Co (opening for orders in July but follow them on Instagram @littleletterlightsco

Bedside table - step stool from Ikea

Red trike -  2nd bday present - Toys R Us

Rug - Kmart

Tiger Print - Bimbily

Star Wars Print & Super Hero Prints - Down That Little Lane - originally in Jasper's room and handed down to Noah.

Faux cactus - Freedom

Lego Head - Kmart

Lamp base - Ada and Darcy. Lamp shade my own (originally from Freedom)

Record player - bought in Hawaii

Grow Up print - Etsy

House shadow box & black garland - Cotton On Kids

Expedit shelving & Branas baskets - Ikea

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's simple and age appropriate and Noah loves it.

How about you? Updating any rooms lately?
My next project is Jasper's room. 
There is always something to do!
If you want a peek at Noah's old nursery, you can see it here

11 comments:

  1. What an inspiration! You just have an "eye" for this kind of thing, making me very jealous! Thank you for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun project to put together as it will be my last toddler room I do xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Simone
    You should always share your room updates as they are amazing. I adore your styling and I love love love everything in the room. A big pat on the bag.
    Yvette
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love this room! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous happy room Simone!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! It was a fun project and great to be able to reuse Finn and Jasper's things x

      Delete
  5. Oh Simone you are so clever. The IKEA step stool with plant on top and books on the first step is just genius x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, I was looking to use what we had at home and it was perfect x

      Delete
  6. Hi Simone,

    I LOVE your blog (and IG!) and have just come across this post and am wondering where you got your Chest of Drawers from?

    Thanks, Eirryn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover